Wednesday 31 October 2012

Chicken and Cauliflower Roulade


These are just scribblings to myself, of recipes I want to try. They are mostly from old magazines. My mother has a huge collection of magazine cut outs of recipes.  I am jotting them down, before I get rid of the magazine stacks and the cut out collection. In the age of internet, with any recipe you wish at your fingertips, it doesn't seem very practical to hang on to this crumbling paper collection. I am actually going through the entire bunch, recipe by recipe, choosing what seems worth a try. Why am I bothering? Well! Considering the effort my mom must have put in over the last 10-15 years or so, to cut out each recipe and to paste them into our old record books and such, I think It's disrespectful to just simply throw them out, just because I have an internet connection. So I am putting in my share of hard work.

Once I try these out and if they come out well, I will post them with pictures in the recipe section.
You can also try them out and let me know how they turned out.

  
Chicken and Cauliflower Roulade

1.     Cauliflower, salt, pepper- stir fry in oil, add grated cheese.
2.     Flatten chicken breast, marinate in salt, pepper, nutmeg - keep 4 hours.
3.     Put filling, roll tightly, secure with string. Deep Fry. Remove string when cool.
4.     Make white sauce: heat butter, fry flour, add nutmeg, salt, pepper, warm milk.  
5.     Add chopped bacon bits [fried in oil, chopped]
6.     Put roulades in baking dish, pour white sauce, sprinkle grated cheese and raisins.
7.     Bake 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment